找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

The list of injuries

ceciliachiu 2012-4-22 18:01:56 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
本帖最后由 ceciliachiu 于 2012-4-22 18:03 编辑

Below are the diagnoses in my discharge summary from the Royal Hobart Hospital:

*    Right temporo-parietal contusion (According to Wikipedia: The temporoparietal junction is an area of the brain where the temporal and parietal lobes meet, at the posterior end of the Sylvian fissure. This area is known to play a crucial role in self-other distinction processes and theory of mind and damage to this area has been implicated in producing out-of-body experiences.) (P.S., I do not recall I had any out of body experience. As I have loss of short term memory, I may have or may not have such experience.)

*    Fracture of roof of the sphenoid sinus extending to the left orbital roof and left parietal bone with sphenoid sinus haematoma (a fracture on the left hand side of the skull running from the bridge of my nose, through the eye socket to the back of the skull, with hemorrhage in the nose bone)

*    Small right parieto-occipital subdural hematoma (hemorrhage in the skull)

*    Small traumatic subarachnoid hemorrhage (According to Wikipedia: it is bleeding into the subarachnoid space—the area between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater surrounding the brain.)

*    Left orbital fracture - postero-lateral orbital wall fracture (fracture in the left eye socket)

*    Right C3/4 facet joint fracture (C3 and C4 are vertebrae in the neck)

*    T3 body fracture. T4 superior wedge fracture (T3 and T4 are vertebrae in the back below the neck.)

*    Left upper/mid zone pulmonary contusion (a bruised left lung)

*    Left rib 1, 2, 4 fractures

*    Right open comminuted distal radius and ulnar fracture (both bones in the right forearm were broken at the wrist)

Information in parentheses are added by me based on my limited understanding of medical terms.

I feel I am extremely blessed that I am still alive and not paralysed.

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作